Saturday, June 20, 2009

Poem: Reality to Fiction

As I was on a midnight wander,
so came to my attention a little girl
standing in the moonlight.

-K. Kelly Version #One

As I was strolling down the sidewalk at ten 'o' clock,
I saw a little girl on a rock,
standing in the moonlight

--K. Kelly Version #2

As I was strolling, a midnight wander,
So came to my attention a little girl,
Standing on a boulder
and under the moonlight her face was pale,
and covered all over in ash.
So her hair hung lank and unkempt,
From her emitted a soft green glow,
as looking at her- she disappeared

- K. Kelly Finished Poem



As you can see above, I made a poem from a thing that really happened to me, into a kind of ghost story. I was walking down our sidewalk at 10 o clock, then saw Lil sister Lucy walking ahead of me. When the moonlight shone on her head, I foolishly imagined a ghost. But when I heard her singing, all my doubts were ceased.

2 comments:

  1. Hey that is pretty good! Amazing vocabulary and style, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you think so? I didn't think it was that good.

    ReplyDelete